Validation of Facts in Response to Letter of Inquiry by
The Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III:
1. The Four Books and Five Sutras (famous writings in Chinese history but not Buddhist books) can serve the purpose of improving one’s study of the ancient Chinese language and teaching the traditional ethics and morality. However, they do not belong to the textbooks of learning Buddhism and cultivation for Buddhists. The proper undertaking that Buddhists should engage in now is practicing the six paramitas in all acts and listening to the recorded dharma lessons expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Buddhists should study the correctly recorded sutras of the Buddha, act according to the principle of abstaining from everything that is evil and doing everything that is good to remove selfishness, sever the attachment to the self, carry out the ten goodness and the four limitless states of mind, benefit living beings, and establish dharma-listening centers.
Although the Four Books and Five Sutras are good books, H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III did not make any arrangement for people to study them. People should understand that human life is impermanence and life and death are an important matter. Cultivators should cultivate diligently and should not slack off. It would be too late to wait until getting to the last barrier of life, aging, illness, and death.
2. Giving up listening to the recorded dharma lessons expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and dissolving dharma-listening centers to do other projects are acts of serious evil views.
3. Being attached to and believing in the speeches of some great rinpoches or holy dharma kings in Tibet and not listening to the recorded dharma lessons expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and not studying the public announcements from the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III (the Office) are not doing the proper undertaking.
4. It was true that rinpoches in Tibet wrote recognitions and corroborating recognitions for H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. The International Buddhism Sangha Association (IBSA) accepted and printed them in the book. However, these documents are meaningless to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. On the contrary, some false rinpoches’ conduct even caused pollution. This is because some of the documents were written by false rinpoche(s), swindler(s), or immoral rinpoche(s). What value does a document of recognition written by a swindler or an immoral person have? You all can think about one fact. Even great rinpoches are not remotely comparable to Sakyamuni Buddha in any aspect of virtue and realization. How could those deceiving rinpoche(s), immoral rinpoche(s), and dishonest rinpoche(s) possibly be mentioned? What qualifications do they have to write recognitions and corroborating recognitions for Sakyamuni Buddha? Are they in a position to comment on and write about the Buddha? What are they in front of the Buddha?
Take Sakya Trizin for example, he did not admit the things he actually did. Which category of people does he belong to? We do not give an evaluation of him here. You all can draw your own conclusion.
Without mentioning other categories of accomplishments of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, just His perfect achievements in the Five Vidyas in worldly dharmas and the highest proficiencies in both exoteric Buddhism and esoteric Buddhism are already unprecedented among ancient virtuous ones. Those rinpoches today are not able to accomplish even one-tenth of that, not to mention those swindlers, immoral ones, and dishonest ones. Any document of recognition these kinds of people wrote actually splashed dirty water toward H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.
H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III said, “What I am is not determined from what the rinpoches said, much less from the recognitions and corroborating recognitions they wrote. It is determined from my own speech, conduct, and nature. That is why now I am still a humble one since the beginning-less time. There has been no increase, nor reduction. Slandering does not pollute me. Praises and honors add no luster to me. I am nothing other than a humble servant before the great masses.”
This discourse by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III made us think about a well-said statement made by Great Dharma King Thupten Trinle Palzang Dodrupchen IV, who is the sole holder of the highest dharma of Great Perfection Longchen Nying-thik, “Gold put in the midst of mud is still gold. Brass will still be brass no matter how it is polished. What use does recognition have? We already have many copies of the book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Do not send us more. They should be used to benefit even more living beings!”
5. The master mentioned in your letter came to Los Angeles on December 17, 2013. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III told him, “I let you look at these letters received. The letters mentioned that you took money and properties from people and some other issues. If you did take money and properties from people, just return to them. If you did so, correct yourself. If not, you just endure the humiliation caused by what others said. Why don’t I accept offerings from any people? I came to this world to bring benefits to living beings. I treat what others say with an attitude of enduring humiliation.”
This master told H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III that he did not mind what other people said. This was because his heart was very clean and bright. However, if others wanted to impose some accusations on him, they could always make up what they wanted to say. He only wanted to tell His Holiness the Buddha that they finally gave him an opportunity to speak. He stated that those who wrote the letters told lies to falsely accuse him. He kneeled down on the spot to take an oath: if he had used the name of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III to collect offerings, he and his entire family would all die in the evening of that day. He never scammed anyone for money or property, not even one cent. Rather, he had helped those people.
He said that he had never told lies and had never told others to lie. The academy of the Four Books and Five Sutras was not founded by him. Rather, it was founded by two professors. He just went there to give a speech. He did not advocate other people to donate to or support it. Nor did he say that this was approved and arranged by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.
He said that he had stated clearly several times that what he needed to do in the future was to increase the number of dharma-listening centers starting from zero. He was going to listen to the dharma with others and would not do other things. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III did not say over the phone, “Even I trust your master. How can you not trust your master?” That was a lie made up by the people who listened to the phone conversation and was a false accusation against him.
As to buying a house in the US, he said, “I never asked for donations. The fact was that some people in the US volunteered to pay a small portion of the cost. Most of the money was from me. Now we applied for a permit for practicing meditation there. I will let them sell the house and return the money to people.”
He said that he had never used the name of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III to buy a property in Chengdu. Nor did he use other people’s money. He spent two million Yuan (about US$330,000) to buy a property of his own from Mr. Xue Yongxin (Note by the Office: Xue Yongxin is a kind and virtuous one and is the Chairman of the Board of the Enwei Group, Inc.).
He swore several times for what he stated above that, if any of the accusations were true, he and his entire family would all die in the evening of that day.
The Office is deeply aware that the questions mentioned above are basically silly topics of rights and wrongs. However, the matters that the letters mentioned and sought to obtain verification on are serious, important, and matters of principle. Therefore, we specifically provide validations regarding the facts here.
Actually, we mention what the most fundamental issue is. Cultivators, whether they are cultivators at master’s levels or just ordinary cultivators, should seriously and earnestly follow H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III’s teaching, respectfully listen to the recorded dharma lessons expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, cultivate concretely in practice, benefit living beings, care for each other, and use the 128 evil views and erroneous views to measure and distinguish the conduct of masters, disciples, and all Buddhists. Then each of you will be able to draw the conclusion regarding what is correct and what is evil.
From the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III,
December 19, 2013
Attachment: The original text of the letter received that sought verification of facts from the Office
To the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III
(An e-mail with the date of Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM)
From: xiaowa chen <email@example.com>
We seek verification of some facts.
Some master let Buddhists spend money to establish an academy of the Four Books and Five Sutras in Sichuan, China. A propaganda was made for three days. We were also led to see the site of the academy. It was said that this matter had been approved by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Since people all heard that this had been spoken by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, very many Buddhists responded to participate. Some said, “This matter was arranged by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Then it benefits living beings. I will participate even if I have to sell my home.” We don’t know whether this matter was arranged by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III for us to carry out or not.
It was also said that a property in Chengdu was bought for family member(s) of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. However, a public announcement (from the Office) stated that there was no property in China (that belonged to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III or His family member(s). More importantly, this master often said that a matter was what H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III said, notified, or stated over a phone call. An example is collecting donations to buy a house in the US, which was said to be used as a temple. However, some people said that the property was under his (this master’s) name. We don’t know whether this is true or not. How could we find out the real situation?
There are also many other kinds of statements. For example, a certain matter was said to be based on what a so-and-so great rinpoche or a so-and-so holy dharma king in Tibet said, and whoever went against the great rinpoche’s statement would not have reward of good fortune and would not become accomplished. Some people even said that these great rinpoches recognized H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, and therefore they enabled His Holiness the Buddha to shine and emit radiance. AS a result, anyone who does not listen to the great rinpoches is committing sin.
Some people put down operating dharma-listening centers and changed directions to do other businesses. That caused many people breaking away from listening to the dharma. If we as people learning Buddhism act this way, do we have the correct knowledge and views?
All these made us muddle-headed. We beseech you to reply to us with responses as soon as possible. We wish living beings auspiciousness.