Validation of Facts in Response to Letter of Inquiry
from the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III
The Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III (the Office) received a letter from a Buddhist in China, which mentioned a very great rinpoche from where His Holiness the Buddha is. He was described as having an elegant look, being very proficient in the teaching of the sutras, acting in a very low-key manner, deserving the status of a holy one with great compassion, being a high-class rinpoche disciple following H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, and appearing like a great rinpoche. It was said that this Rinpoche would soon start to formally give lectures to expound the dharma to his disciples with a special permission from H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. The letter asked the Office to provide information regarding this rinpoche’s actual realization. Thus, the Office hereby provides the following validation of facts in response to the letter.
- Through issuing multiple public announcements, the Office has already stated that one who is not a holy virtuous one at the level of having three Sun-Moon wheels or higher does not have the qualification and realization to expound the dharma or give discourses. Those listening to the discourses given by such people will acquire erroneous and confusing knowledge and views and will create sins and bad karma . In the sutras, Sakyamuni Buddha said that even Ananda and Shariputra did not possess the qualification to give discourses. Among the Rinpoche you mentioned as well as some other dharma kings and rinpoches, who can surpass Venerable Ananda, not to mention Shariputra?
- H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has never given anyone special permission to expound the dharma. Also, the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has never sent anyone who possesses the qualification to expound the dharma to any country.
- His Holiness the Buddha treats all living beings equally and regards all living beings as His own family members with the bodhicitta of great compassion. There is no differentiation based on whether one is at where His Holiness the Buddha is or not and whether one is at a high level or at a low level. Moreover, whether one is at a high level or at a low level can only be known from the validation of an examination held by the United International World Buddhism Association Headquarters (UIWBAH). No matter how great a rinpoche is, the determination must be based on the certificate of holiness and virtue he or she holds. Regardless of what a low-key manner he puts up, any Rinpoche who claims to be from where His Holiness the Buddha is or to be a holy one with great abilities and declares that he can expound the dharma and give discourses is certain to belong to one of these three types of people: 1) swindlers who are ordinary people, 2) evil masters of heretical practices, and 3) demons and descendants of Mara.
- To find out the realizations of all these people, please make inquiries to the UIWBAH. All holy virtuous ones must hang and display their certificates of holiness and virtue. One who does not hang a certificate of holiness and virtue but claims to be or permits others to claim him or her as a holy virtuous one is a swindler or a demonic person.
- This Buddhist disciple as well as all persons who have similar questions must think about and examine themselves earnestly. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III spoke on this issue many times in the recorded dharma lessons. The public announcements from the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III also repeatedly made related statements with emphasis. Whether one is a holy virtuous one or not and what level of holy virtue one is at must be determined from whether this person holds a certificate of holiness and virtue or not. Moreover, in order to protect living beings and to prevent demonic persons and swindlers from deluding you, His Holiness the Buddha has provided you with the 128 views as a demon-revealing mirror for you to measure and evaluate all Buddhist cultivators. However, you not only do not use the 128 views to measure and evaluate, but also do not examine a person’s certificate of holiness and virtue and are willing to devolve just based on a person’s external appearance that looks like a great Rinpoche. Your inquiries are always about either whether a rinpoche is a holy virtuous one or not or what a dharma master’s realization is. If you do not listen to His Holiness the Buddha’s teaching and warning and do not read the public announcements from the Office and, rather, choose to listen and believe demonic speech that deludes people, getting bad luck for you is just a small part of the consequence. The big and crucial matter is that you are assisting evil ones in their vicious conduct to cause harms to the great masses and damage to society. With such acts, are you still a Buddhist disciple?
From the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III,
October 13, 2014