from the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III:
The Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III (the Office) received communications from Buddhists at different places that reported separately different problems related to various people and matters they encountered.
These problems involve individually the speeches and acts of some people. However, to true Buddhists and those who truly abide by the Buddha’s teaching, how could such speeches and acts ever become problems?
You should first clearly know and understand a fact. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has already clearly given discourses in the recorded dharma lessons and, with the effect of having turned on a brilliantly bright light illuminating the path of attaining enlightenment, expounded “the 128 Evil Views and Erroneous Views” that informed and warned people on how to distinguish and treat such problems and how to tell clearly what is good and what is bad. In addition, explicit stipulations can be found in the last page of the treasure book of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III with the title of “WHICH FEW PEOPLE CAN ACCEPT DISCIPLES, PERFORM INITIATIONS, TRANSMIT DHARMA, GIVE DHARMA DISCOURSES, AND SAVE LIVING BEINGS ON MY BEHALF?” The Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has also issued many public announcements, appealing to people to use the dharma lessons expounded by the Buddha as the standards for measuring all people and matters. Many people seriously studied these and acted accordingly. They have attained the outcome of auspicious happiness and magnificently benefiting others.
Unfortunately, there are a small number of people who are really pitiable. These people have the appearance of cultivation but actually do not listen to the Buddha’s teaching. When problems were created due to their own causes of not heeding the warning, they not only did not reflect upon the fact that they had not acted and cultivated according to the Buddha’s teaching but even acted in violation of The Supreme And Unsurpassable Mahamudra Of Liberation and went away from the path of enlightenment to instigate and sow discord to the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Such problems, which have the characteristics of being ignorant and deluded without awakening and not getting to the fundamentals, manifested just one simple fact. That is, none of these masters and disciples who fell into such problems are truly learning Buddhism and cultivating themselves. They treat the Buddha’s teaching as formality and turn a deaf ear to it. Can anyone who does not act and cultivate according to the Buddha’s teaching be a Buddhist disciple and a cultivator? Can you answer us, what is your cultivation, which sect’s teaching are you following, whose stipulation do you abide by? Please all think about these questions. Where is the fundamental origin of not abiding by the Buddha’s teaching and falling into the discord between self and others? According to which sect’s instruction did you act to give rise to such outcome?
This is a fact that makes people sad. However, today the Office reminds again these people who do not act according to the Buddha’s teaching:
1. The facts about H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III are established upon the enlightenment realization and accomplishments of a Buddha, dharma lessons given in more than 2000 audio CDs, and manifestations of wisdom. Just take the 30 big categories in the book of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III as example, no other holy ones in the history have ever reach such level. This is just like the situation that Shakyamuni Buddha, who relied on the enlightenment realization and accomplishments of a Buddha and expounded the Tripitaka and many books of sutras, was known as the Buddha without needing recognition from anyone. Any recognition written for the Buddha is just a worthless wastepaper to the Buddha because the person who wrote the recognition is too much lower than the Buddha. Therefore, this is similar to the analogy of having the Sixteen Venerable Ones recognize the Buddha. Because the persons who wrote the recognitions are too much lower than the Buddha’s enlightenment realization and accomplishments, the effect of recognition is an insult to the Buddha. However, the certificates of recognition represent a beneficial gain in the interest of living beings, because living beings have superstition in man-made traditional phenomena. To the great virtuous ones who wrote the recognitions, the acts are dharma joy and merit from correct knowledge and views.
2. The 128 evil views and erroneous views are a brightly clear mirror for verifying all cultivators. No matter what level of dharma king, venerable one, rinpoche, dharma master or layperson one is, whose recognition or lineage one has, what kind of great holy Bodhisattva oneself or others state one is, or even one is claimed to be Manjushri Bodhisattva, Master Padmasambhava, Master Marpa, or Master Tsongkhapa, anyone who falls into the 128 evil views and erroneous views must be an evil master or swindler and is not a holy virtuous one.
3. All temples, monasteries, Buddhist organizations, and dharma-listening centers should not welcome or receive dharma kings, venerable ones, rinpoches, dharma masters or laypersons of any level who fall into the 128 evil views and erroneous views and should welcome dharma kings, venerable ones, rinpoches, dharma masters and all Buddhist disciples who abide by the Buddha’s teaching and do not fall into the 128 evil views and erroneous views.
4. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III discoursed clearly in dharma lessons many times and also solemnly stated to inform and warn cultivators in the treasure book of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III that H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III does not accept offerings and no one is in a position to accept offerings on behalf of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. However, there are still some people who ignored the Buddha’s warning and in the end they were willingly fooled and gladly added to their delusive karma. After the fact, they come here to cry and report and to cause discord. Aren’t you aware that you have already gone away from cultivation?
5. It was stated long time ago by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III in the discoursed dharma lessons that among venerable ones, dharma kings, rinpoches and dharma masters listed in the treasure book of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, regardless of whose lineage they have, what holy ones they may be or what kind of background they may possess, there are holy ones as well as ordinary persons. The one and only distinction is to see whether one holds a certificate of holiness issued after taking an exam by seven masters and ten witnesses observing on-the-spot. Without that certificate of holiness with the signatures and vows of seven masters and ten witnesses, one is not a holy virtuous one. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III stated, “Even what I said, as Dorje Chang III, wouldn’t count. All have to be based on the standard of seven masters and ten witnesses.” Moreover, this exam of seven masters and ten witnesses has to be retaken every year, due to the possibility that the certificate holder has violated precepts and turned into an ordinary being. Only if one possesses master’s qualification at the middle level of holy realization or even at the highest level of holy realization, this rule of exam does not apply. Of course, you will not have the opportunity of seeing certificates of master’s qualification at the highest level of holy realization. Examples are Maitreya Bodhisattva, Kuan Yin Bodhisattva, Manjushri Bodhisattva, Green Tara, Shakyamuni Buddha and so on. Without seeing such extremely great holy ones, you will not see this type of certificates.
6. Anyone who does not possess a certificate of holiness with the vows and signatures of seven masters and ten witnesses is not a holy virtuous one. Anyone who does not possess a certificate of master’s qualification at the middle level of holy realization does not have the qualification of giving discourses. Regardless of what correct sect one’s lineage came from, the dharma discoursed by this person is certain to be full of errors and lead practitioners to evil paths.
As to great virtuous ones who are not holy virtuous ones, they must strictly abide by the precepts, at least be broadly proficient in the theory of cultivation, and enter deeply into the Tripitaka and axioms of the nature of emptiness and true such-ness. All venerable ones, dharma kings, rinpoches, dharma masters and acaryas can only accept people taking refuge, teach preliminary practice, perform consecration, purification and praying, expound the four limitless states of mind, conduct the mind practice of benefiting others with great compassion, and teach the dharma practice and mantra of the complete essence and rituals of the dharma learned from H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. This is because, regardless of from which other sect your dharma was learned, there is no guarantee that it is correct. This is because your master may have a very big and mighty reputation but does not possess holy realization and is an ordinary being of mundane body with lineage only. Such a person is even farther away from possessing master’s qualification at the beginning level of holy realization, unless he can exhibit a holy bone structure that has gotten rid of the mundane body and holds a certificate of holiness. You should know clearly that, if this person is just an ordinary being, how could he possibly state the truth of Buddha-dharma?
Only if one possesses master’s qualification at the beginning level of holy realization, can he perform inner tantric initiations. Therefore, for someone who is a master, regardless of how high one’s status is, as long as one does not have a certificate of the six kinds of master’s qualifications, the only thing one should do is to lay the foundation of self-cultivation according to the Buddha’s teaching, do no evil and do all that are good, strive to be a role model of great virtue, establish dharma-listening centers to lead living beings to listen respectfully the dharma lessons of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. This is the best shortcut for you to accumulate merit to receive holy inner tantric initiation or even higher initiation of “State Practice” and attain accomplishment. There is no another shortcut!!!
7. Reincarnation and lineage are not equivalent to receiving initiation and dharma transmission. Receiving initiation and dharma transmission is not equal to having realized holy realization and accomplishment. Take for example, the mud-pill accomplishment of practice, receiving the initiation of state practice will open one’s crown within two hours. However, although the realization of having one’s crown opened is true, any violation of the precept of state practice will cause the loss of holy realization and return one to an ordinary body and ordinary bone structure. Therefore, because of this fact, as long as one does not have the realization of enlightenment practice, accomplishment of holy realization does not mean possessing the six types of master’s qualifications.
8. The fact of one receiving initiation conducted by a holy master and the fact of one conducting initiations for his disciples are two completely different concepts. For example, a holy virtuous one whose crown was opened with the mud-pill accomplishment of practice just means he himself received the initiation of state practice and his own crown is open. However, he does not possess the qualification of conducting initiation of state practice and opening the crown for his disciples. With the same reasoning, a rinpoche who received inner tantric initiation just means he himself received the initiation. However, he still does not have the ability of accomplishment to perform inner tantric initiation for his disciples. If he is to conduct inner tantric initiation for his disciples, he must possess a certificate of holiness for master’s qualification at the beginning level of holy realization.
9. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III noted clearly in the first article of the ten articles for special attention in the Holiest Utmost Secret Sutra of The Supreme And Unsurpassable Mahamudra Of Liberation:
“Some practitioners mistakenly regard the two dharmas of State Practice and Enlightenment Practice as the yab-yum dharma within the tantric division of supreme yoga or dharma of the vajra division of Tibetan Buddhism. I now seriously inform those people who have such erroneous view. State Practice is clean, pure and free of any dirt, manifesting the reality of holy state of the utmost high nature of enlightenment. Enlightenment Practice is the perfect and fundamental great enlightenment and is the only holiest great dharma of Buddhism that can, within two hours, forcefully guide and put the disciple into the state of self-attaining perfect accomplishment. That includes the Xianliang Great Perfection, the Dharma of Resurrecting from an Unnatural Death, Vajra Body Substitution Meditation, Corpse-Laying Tummo Concentration and Mud-Pill Accomplishment. All can let the disciple attain realization from on-the-spot practice and demonstrate concrete abilities publicly. No dharma from any sect can accomplish the realization within two hours. These two dharmas have absolutely nothing to do with the so-called male-female yab-yum practice mentioned by those mistaken people.”
“In addition, the male-female yab-yum dharma from the Esoteric Sect has been propagating in the world, with figures and text collected into books for distribution. This has almost become an evil fashion and lets many people misinterpret and misguide with such name to perform evil and lewd acts. As a contrasting fact, we can see in real life that, among those who engage in the yab-yum practice, not even one has any real ability of realization. They can only boast with empty words. They cannot have their crown opened, are not able to raise body temperature from tummo practice, are ignorant and dull in the five vidyas, and do not even meet very common measure of realization. All they created are endless and innumerable sins and karmas.”
“The Supreme and Unsurpassed Mahamudra of Liberation is not dharma of the Esoteric Sect. It is an utmost highest dharma of Buddhism that truly enters deeply into the practice of compassionately benefiting living beings and can let the disciple attain the reality of seeing the state everywhere. It is a truly great dharma of holiest Tathagata that breaks away from empty talks and ridiculous comments, goes far above the peaks of the nine vehicles and surpasses the perfect proficiency of the tenth bhumi. It is a supreme Buddha-dharma for expediently attaining fast accomplishment of Buddhism.”
10. Some of you mentioned that you met with purposely given troubles and obstacles when beseeching dharma lessons or were given dharma lessons that had been edited and you did not know what to do. You should clearly know that any temple, monastery, Buddhist organization, or dharma-listening center exists independently by itself and have the right of applying for dharma lessons from the International Buddhism Sangha Association. There is no need of being organized or being introduced by anyone. Any dharma-listening center that has no dharma lessons or does not have complete dharma lessons should respectfully request complete dharma lessons. All those who deliberately delay, control or edit dharma lessons are conducting evil acts.
Here we like to emphasize one more time. The Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has never provided dharma lessons to anyone, because the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III does not produce dharma lessons. Even the dharma lessons that the staff members of the Office listen to were also received from the International Buddhism Sangha Association.
We sincerely hope that people everywhere can respectfully listen to, study, understand, and cultivate according to the teaching of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and benefit living beings. This way, people will be even happier and have better well-being; the society will undergo better development and make even more progress; and the world will be more peaceful and auspicious!
From the Office of H. H. Dorje Chang Buddha III,
May 5, 2011, Revised July 15, 2011