Recently, the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III received inquiries from some Buddhist organizations. In response, the Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III hereby provides publicly the following replies:
1. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III accepted Danzeng Nuori Rinpoche as a disciple because Danzeng Nuori Rinpoche had presented a written letter (the Essay of Vow from Bodhicitta) that stated his vow of “cultivating well as a Buddhist after becoming a disciple to benefit living beings.” This was before Danzeng Nuori was recognized as a rinpoche.
2. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III never gave any recognition or certification for Danzeng Nuori as a Living-Buddha. Only after receiving, from Danzeng Nuori, the certificate of Living-Buddha recognition that was written by Xiazhu Qiuyang Rinpoche, did we learn that Danzeng Nuori was recognized and certified as a reincarnated Living-Buddha in the Geluba Sect by Xiazhu Qiuyang Rinpoche who is in the Guoluo Autonomous Region of Qinghai Province.
3. Our office did not hear from anyone that Danzeng Nuori was recognized and certified as the reincarnation of the Tibetan King Chisong Dezan of Nyingma. Fabricating and spreading rumors should not be the conduct of cultivators.
4. Before the official publication of the book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, the draft version for editing was named A Treasury of True Buddha-Dharma. However, A Treasury of True Buddha-Dharma did not record any event of recognizing and certifying Living-Buddhas.
5. The treasure book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha IIIdoes have descriptions of the real situations of recognition and certification. Those are recognitions of some well-known great virtuous ones including Xiazhu Qiuyang Rinpoche by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, in response to the beseeching requests from the eminent monastic monks of the International Buddhism Sangha Association. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III gave a verbal recognition on the identity of reincarnation for Xiazhu Qiuyang Rinpoche but did not write a certificate. The treasure book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has a photo of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III conducting an initiation for Danzeng Nuori using his own hair and a brief biography of Danzeng Nuori Rinpoche. These are all true facts. However, regarding the other five persons and their recognitions mentioned in your letter, we are not clear about who they are and what their identities are.
6. As to your request for reading Danzeng Nuori Rinpoche’s “Essay of Vow from Bodhicitta,” that’s a letter to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III from Danzeng Nuori Rinpoche and belongs to personal information that we cannot provide to you.
Please understand the fact that even for those rinpoches such as Karma Hsi Jao Ken Teng Rinpoche, Dachu Hengsheng Rinpoche, and Khu-ston Henghsing Gyatso Rinpoche who have been disciples of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III for almost 20 years, His Holiness has still not given them recognitions and certifications and just awarded the title of rinpoche to them. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III always stated that it will only be legitimate that you receive recognition and certification from other rinpoches of high virtue and reputation and deep realization when the affinity is mature. I am just a humble practitioner without the qualification of conducting recognition and certification. Therefore, their true identities were eventually recognized and certified by other well-known great virtuous ones.
Once you carefully read through the treasure bookH.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, you will know how great, selfless, and humble His Holiness is and that His Holiness is the supreme and holiest role model of all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas and living beings. Even just counting what were published in the treasure book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, the realization and accomplishments of His Holiness are not comparable by any other holy ones. However, H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III is always polite in speech and conduct and is always close to living beings. His Holiness always regarded himself a humble practitioner and made a vow of never accepting any offering. It is just His Holiness’ self-imposed duty to serve and benefit living beings.
The Office of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, July 20, 2008-Revised July 15, 2011