To provide clarifying answers to the inquiries from some people regarding whether the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC (referred to as this Publisher hereafter) has received donations from some organizations or individuals, this Publisher hereby gives the following statement:
- H. H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has already transferred the copyright of the recordings of the dharma expounded by His Holiness the Buddha to the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC. Therefore, the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC legally has the copyright of all Buddhist books published by this Publisher. Reprinting and publishing these books or hiring people to produce audio or video recordings of them by any organization or individual belongs to the act of illegally violating the copyright owned by the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC.
- The Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC has never signed any authorization agreement or cooperation agreement with the nature of agency or other form with any organization or individual and has never received any donation or dividend of any amount from any organization or individual.
- Other than authorizing the printing contractor of this Publisher to print for this Publisher, the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC has never given permission to authorize any individual or organization to produce and distribute any of this Publisher’s publications. Any production without an official authorization by this Publisher, regardless of its format, is an act of violating the copyright.
- Any individual or organization who self-claims to have received authorization from this Publisher but does not have a legitimate document of authorization is committing an act of fraud. For the purpose of collecting donations from other people, some organizations or individuals falsely claimed that part of the donations would be transferred to this Publisher or H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. That was a lie intended to deceive the great masses. The only situation that shows this Publisher has granted another party the use of its copyright is when that individual or organization has truly reached a written agreement with this Publisher which states that this Publisher permits the use of the copyright. Also, the said written agreement must be signed by both parties and be notarized through lawful procedures.
- The two great mind essences of the Supreme and Unsurpassable Mahamudra of Liberation and the dharma expounded on the 128 views are the only publications that the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC was not authorized by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III to publish. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III said that people who print or produce audio or video electronic books from the two great mind essences of the Supreme and Unsurpassable Mahamudra of Liberation to benefit the great masses are doing good deeds. However, everyone must be clearly informed that H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III did not receive even one cent of copyright fee or offering and absolutely will never accept any such money. His Holiness the Buddha always benefit living beings without receiving any compensation.
- This Publisher supports and praises any individual or organization that spreads the dharma expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and does the Buddhist work of establishing dharma-listening centers and so on. However, we also firmly oppose those who hold the signs of doing Buddhist work and spreading Buddha-dharma but actually carry out the acts of harming living beings, violating the law and invading the copyright of this Publisher. To respect the supreme treasure of Buddhism and protect living beings’ interests, we delivered serious warnings to the individual(s) or organization(s) violating the copyright. Those who committed violations must immediately halt their violations and stop all actions of breaking the law and violating the copyright. For those who do not correct themselves and cannot show a document of authorization, we will definitely take legal actions to prosecute them by law.
Here we must also kindly remind the faithful Buddhists everywhere that, other than the authentic Buddhist books published by the Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC and the recorded dharma discourses expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III in person that are disseminated by the International Buddhism Sangha Association for respectfully requesting by the public, you should not believe publications of any other form, to avoid providing opportunities to people who have ulterior motives so they can misinterpret the dharma discourses expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III by making excerpts out of context to damage living beings’ life of wisdom.
Dharma Voice Publishing, LLC
May 15, 2017